Natural medicine is the combination of the benefits of traditional medicine with the benefits of modern conventional medicine.
Natural medicine is based on a basic idea: human beings have many physical and psychological mechanisms to maintain health Rapé. It relies entirely on this natural healing power and takes steps to find ways to stimulate and/or enhance it, first using the simplest and least harmful methods available and leaving the patient with a higher level of intervention or complexity.
The psychological state of the patient, his social and professional life, attitude and ability to change habits play a very important role in the development of many diseases. Naturopaths help patients in this healing process by activating or stimulating various mechanisms that function both physically and mentally.
Basic principles of natural medicine
Global person concept
Natural medicine does not treat diseases, it treats people. Therefore, each patient is considered individually and always in relation to the environment that makes up his life, taking into account the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of him.
Enhances natural healing abilities
The doctor’s task is to help the patient in the recovery process, fully convinced of the body’s ability to self-regulate against diseases, the natural tendency to restore health. In this sense, all of his actions can be considered “help” that allows the natural healing process to bear fruit.
Use natural remedies and methods that are as non-aggressive as possible
In natural medicine, it is best to use the medicines that nature itself provides us and avoid artificial or overly complex medicines. Fantastic natural remedies are diet, water, air, medicinal plants, the sun, the earth and manual therapy (physiotherapy, hand massage, holistic postural rehabilitation, osteopathy). A person who forgets to lead a healthy lifestyle and expects a doctor to solve all his health problems, whether based on medicine or surgery, exposes himself to the aggressiveness of the applied therapy, which increases the problem.
Advantages of modern conventional medicine
- Scientific and international recognition.
- The doctor has been trained for a long time and knows the body and the disease.
- Perform a complete medical examination and laboratory tests.
- Precise dosage.
- The medications are well preserved and the expiration date is clear.
- The side effects are known.
- Plants are identified by their scientific name.
- Standards of public control of medical practice.
- A large number of patients can be treated, for example in the event of epidemics.
- He has experience in management and organization.
Benefits of traditional medicine
- Use existing native plants.
- Use plants to reduce waste such as packaging and expired medications.
- There are no foreign exchange problems with expensive medications and delays at customs.
- Low costs for the doctor, usually for the patient.
- Create employment opportunities in medical parks and pharmaceutical production.
- Professionals also address family and community issues.
- Promote self-sufficiency.
- The therapist speaks the same language as the patient.
- Sometimes it is the only medicine available.